5.16.2011

uncle robbie???

we have big coffee drinkers on both sides of the family, so i must admit heidi comes by it honestly....

many of you know that heidi has come to enjoy the last creamer filled coffee drops of eric and my saturday morning coffee for quite some time (surely before two years old, closer to one??). this morning i was sitting on the couch with her drinking my coffee (black). she wanted to try some. it was still pretty hot and nothing added to it. thought i'd let her have a sip so she could see it was too hot and didn't like it so she would leave it alone. well. that backfired on me. she takes a first medium size sip. when she pulled the cup down from her mouth and i could see her face, she had a big silly smile on her face and says - "i like it!" i let her have maybe 5 or so generous sips and finally cut her off. what happens when a two year old starts drinking coffee? i can guess on the caffeine part, but what about the rumor of stunting your growth and all? how old was robbie when he first started drinking coffee? i know he was pretty young.

4 comments:

wingertfam said...

Maybe she'll get hair on her chest.

Elizabeth said...

that is awesome.

The Gabehart Gang said...

It IS a family thing! Shane likes black coffee also! AND tea!! I think Robbie was 2 in that pic that we have of him drinking coffee while we were camping. I don't want Shane drinking the stuff all the time, but I guess a little bit occasionally wouldn't cause too much damage. And hey, our brother turned out....and he's even kind of tall!

Robbie said...

How did I miss this post?!? Mom has said I started draining coffee cups around a year and a half. For the longest time, I prefered lukewarm/room temp coffee to the hot. You kept pretty good tabs on me, but I started drinking it again in middle school. Thinking back, I grew to 5' 11" in the 7th grade. I was one of the tallest in my grade, and I never grew an inch after that... haha